1. Do i need an external charger ?
- No, the alternator will charge it just like the lead unit. at 14.4V. No trickle charging required, unless car has system drain, lithium doesn't lose charge by sitting unused like lead does.
2. Waterproof ?
3. How do I estimate size?
- Different starters pull a range of current to start the engine on hot days and cold days. This will determine the Ah size pack you need. Ah size determines the price. If you have a clamp-on ammeter, simply put it around a battery cable and turn the engine over; you will read the actual amps required. Do this 3 times to get the highest reading. >90% of engines will use 8 ah, Hi-Comp use the 16 ah
4. How does the new BMS Battery Management System Work?
- It protects everything! No more dead Batteries... Ever!!
5. What if I leave the lights on all night?
- Don't worry, the battery will only drain to its protection point cut-off.
To start engine, push the "come alive" button.
6. What materials do you use in construction ?
- copper for cell connections and terminal post leads.
7. Mount in any position ?
- Yep, upside down is a good one; your friends will be impressed !
8. I also have a boat, airplane....
- All can benefit from a Lithium replacement.
9. Any warranty ?
- Two year , pro rated.
10. What size battery does my vehicle need ?
- That depends on the current needed by the starter when cranking the engine.
4 cyl - 8Ah . . . 6 cyl - 8Ah . . . . 8 cyl - 8 or 16Ah
examples on sizing page
11. I've heard old stories about lithium catching on fire ??
- Not these type. These are new LiFePO4 type, iron phosphate. No chance of that happening. Very safe, much safer than carrying around a bunch of highly flammable gasoline !
12. I have a bigger than average alternator, can your small battery handle it?
- Advanced BMS is heavy duty to fit any size alternator.
13. How long will these lithium batteries last compared to lead acid ?
- 5 to 10 years, at least double a lead acid battery
14. Any motorcycle ? All motorcycles, typically 1000cc or bigger.
15. My car is a - Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Lotus, Jaguar, Audi, Ferrari, Mini, Corvette, Shelby Mustang, Lamborghini, Honda, Toyota, etc.. Do you have a battery for all of these ??? Yes. 8 or 16Ah . Two (2) sizes is all you need!
16. What about those cheaper batteries made in China ? Is'nt cheaper better ? Hmm, that sounds strange ... cheaper is better ... Well, the 1st thing is; - Those batteries have a lower discharge rate than the LithiumMoto units. 2 - You can't contact the battery maker directly on any issues. 3 - check out the flimsy battery terminal made from steel. .vs . brass or copper.
17. It gets real cold where I live in the winter and have to plug in my engine heater
heater. Do I need a really big battery?
- NO. You just need one of my self heating batteries. A special order option.
18. Can I get a discount?
- We have discounts for quantity , repeat purchases and referrals.