1. How long should i expect this battery to last?
A - 5 - 10 yrs depending on how you take care of it.
2. What battery fits what car / engine ?
A - smaller normal compression engines - 8 to 10Ah...bigger higher compression engines , go w the bigger Ah. Its just that simple :-)
3. My other ride is my airplane / boat, what about that ? ..
A -no problem, will work equally as well.
4. How often should I or any member of my IMF force charge the battery ?
A - if not used... once a yr is good.. If in vehicle with any kind of drain, attach the Lithium battery maintenance charger.
5. will it work with MY alternator ? ...
A - Get a multi meter and check the voltage at battery right after starting. It needs to read between 14.0 and 14.4V
The battery will only accept the amps/current it needs.
6. Any Maintenance req's ?
A - For a LithiumMoto LiBatt, no... other lithium batteries suggest their battery voltage must be maintained above 13.28V at all times or else damage will occur. So, they recommend to never leave their battery while it is charging.
7. What is difference in Ah rating between lead and lithium ?
A - Lead can only use a third of its capacity, Lithium can use 80%. Weaker batteries need to be bigger.
7.5 - What is the difference between the LiFepo4 cells LMoto uses and other lithium battery Co's.?
A - we use higher C-rated cells
8. Can I combine Lithium with a Lead battery ?
A - No
9. Will a LithiumMoto Lithium Battery work at zero degrees ?
A - Yes, It will just take an extra crank or two.
10. What does PCA and CCA really mean in regards to a Lithium Battery ?
P stands for peak discharge as in a current spike when starter 1st engaged for 1/1000 of a second.. basically a short circuit figure and not
to be confused with any kind of actual cranking power. CCA applies to lead batteries only, discharging for 30 seconds at 0 degrees which no starter does.
11. Do i need to be concerned about the alternator amps in relation to my new cute little lithium battery ?
A - No, LithiumMotos beefy BMS will block any over voltage / current . Other smaller BMS's though need ' crowbar ' external regulator protection.
12. Can lithium be recycled ?
A - Yes, see https://www.call2recycle.org
13. Lifespan of Lithium Battery ?
A - Take care of the battery , no abuse, dont date other batteries, and she will love you long time.